Pithy remarks and quotable quotes. Wordsworth takes the best statements of the week and packages them into one exciting feature. From quotes that help you delve further into the psyche of players to acerbic barbs from incensed cricketers to remarks that are just downright hilarious, we have them all. They may not quite be "from the mouths of babes and sucklings," but they are just as interesting.
November 3rd week
No one here can imagine how big Tendulkar is in India. Far bigger than (David) Beckham or any sportsman is over here. He and the others aren't just stars, they're like Gods.
- Joe Hussain, Nasser's father.
We have got no worries at the moment apart from Tendulkar.
- Nasser Hussain, on whether the English outfit is still concerned with security.
It`ll be a great challenge to bowl to one of the greatest batsmen in the world. That`s what you get to set your standard against.
- Craig White on Sachin Tendulkar.
I charged myself up to play against England.
- Vinod Kambli, on nearly being ruled out of a two-day match against England.
There is no point anybody peaking too early.
- English assistant coach Graham Dilley, on the English bowling in a two-day match.
I don't think people will say: Bat like this or don't bat like this.
- Usman Afzaal, on whether he will tone down his aggressive style of batting.
We are a very inexperienced side. But that has got to be in a funny sort of way an advantage to us.
- Nasser Hussain.
I don't want to be in a position where I go back to playing with a niggle all the time.
- Ashley Giles, on his injury worries.
They're as strong as anybody in their own back yard. They beat Australia, who are easily the best team in the world.
- English off-spinner Martyn Ball.