November 1st week
Our preparation has been peculiar, to say the least
- Indian coach John Wright, after the cancellation of the tour match at Chatsworth..
A few times during the match I really thought that we were playing an away game in India.
- Neil McKenzie, in his BBC column, on the strong Indian presence at the Durban final..
You might do eight laps of the ground, but you could still be unfit.
- Indian physiotherapist Andrew Leipus..
Only if it degenerates in future, we would say (anything about surgery)
- Rahul Dravid, on his shoulder fitness scare..
I have developed this (googly) over the years. It is not difficult to detect but it spins more.
- Anil Kumble, on his new googly..
During the tour we do not want to disturb, and hence we are waiting for their arrival.
- Jagmohan Dalmiya, on his concerns about the Indian team's dismal showing..
I don't need to settle any scores with Ganguly now. I think I settled it quite effectively in the match, which mattered, the final of the one-day series.
- South African captain Shaun Pollock..
As a batter, I can't understand how bowlers can come into a Test match and not know what line and length to bowl.
- Herschelle Gibbs, on the first day's play of the first Test.
My first line to him when he came in was `I know you're tense. You're never going to be this tense again, so enjoy the moment.'
- Sachin Tendulkar, on his advice to debutant Virender Sehwag..