CricInfo Plus Service FAQ
About the CricInfo Plus Service.
Subscription Information and Billing
- Why CricInfo Plus?
Results of a recent survey we conducted on the site show that the single most important issue
for users was the speed of access to CricInfo.com, especially during matches. Survey respondents
told us that they wanted faster access to the site and that they would be prepared to pay a
nominal annual subscription fee to ensure faster access.
We've listened. We have come up with CricInfo Plus - a new subscription service that will offer
all the CricInfo content you know and love at faster speeds.
- What is CricInfo Plus?
Since 1993 CricInfo has provided you with comprehensive coverage of cricket from all over the
world. We believe we have delivered a top quality service. And itís cost you nothing.
Today CricInfo is the busiest single sport website in the world and our biggest challenge has
been to keep pace with the growth of our user base and increasing usage of the site. Invariably we
deliver over 10 million page views on match days, and serve up to 20 million page views on peak
days. As a result, on busy match days, our site often seems to be slow for many users.
We are constantly trying to improve speed and efficiency in those areas where we can make a
difference. Some, such as the quality of the connection between you and your Internet Service
Provider, or your Internet Service Provider and our servers, are beyond CricInfoís control. But
we have added multiple servers based in 8 countries and we are continually refining and improving
However the more servers we add and the faster our servers run, the more you like to use them.
And it seems that many of you just can't get enough of the site when the big matches are on and
the site appears to be slow. Most of you may have experienced this probem on major news sites when
a big story is breaking. It happens at CricInfo every big match day.
We have come to the conclusion that the only way to provide users with assured priority, fast access to
CricInfo at all times is to set up a service which provides dedicated servers for users who want
assured prioirty, fast access and charge a nominal annual subscription fee to cover the costs of setting
up and maintaining those servers. We call this service CricInfo Plus.
- How much does CricInfo Plus cost?
- Can I still access CricInfo for free?
We would like to assure our users that this is not the end of free access to CricInfo.
We realise that for many users around the world CricInfo is the only source for up to
date cricket coverage. To use a cricketing analogy, spectators have always had the choice
of watching a cricket match at the ground from the best seats or the cheaper seats. The
experience in the cheaper seats may not be as good but you still get to watch the same game.
We will continue to provide those users who are unwilling or unable to pay the nominal
subscription fee for CricInfo Plus with free access to CricInfo. We will continue to
maintain and operate free-to-access servers and we will continue to improve them.
- How do I access CricInfo Plus?
To access CricInfo Plus,
- If you have already subscribed to CricInfo Plus, you can go to http://register.cricinfo.com/plus/
and login through the login window at the top of the page.
- If you have not subscribed yet,
- If you do not have a CricInfo username yet or have forgotten yours, don't worry.
Click here to get yourself a new username and subscribe to CricInfo Plus.
- If you already have a CricInfo username, you can use your existing username and subscribe by
clicking here to go through the subscription process and pay online using
your credit or debit card.
- Where can I find the latest version of your Subscriber Agreement?
- The Subscriber Agreement for CricInfo Plus is available
Renewals and cancellations
- How do renewals work?
- For all memberships, CricInfo will automatically renew and charge your account upon the anniversary of your enrolment. However, you may "opt out" of this automatic renewal at any time
prior to the end of the applicable billing period (every year or every other year), by giving CricInfo notice by e-mail to email@example.com that you do not wish to renew your account. Upon receipt of such notification from you CricInfo will cancel your account when your existing subscription expires.
- What is your cancellation policy?
If you have a problem with the CricInfo Plus service, please let us know by sending e-mail to our help team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to resolve the problem for you. If you are a new subscriber are still not satisfied with our service, you may cancel your subscription within 7 days of signing up and we will refund your fee, less an administration fee of US$ 1.00.
- How do I sign-up for CricInfo Plus?
Using CricInfo Plus
- How do I log in?
- Once you have subscribed to CricInfo Plus, you set your browser to view the page
type in your username and password in the login window at the top of the page. You will then
automatically be directed to CricInfo's Home Page on one of the exclusive CricInfo Plus servers.
- How do I log out?
- Normally, as a CricInfo Plus subscriber you'll just stay logged in once you subscribe. But perhaps you use your subscription at a public Net connection in a library or cafe, or you
have some other reason that you'd like to log out. You can always log out by clicking on the Logout link on the foot of all pages.
- I am a subscriber. I logged in, but am still not able to access the content. Why?
- First, make sure you haven't turned "cookies" off in your browser. Then, make sure you're visiting CricInfo Plus directly at the following URL -- plus.cricInfo.com -- and not any other address. If you still have trouble, e-mail us at email@example.com, and let us know what kind of browser and what operating system you use.
- Can I use my subscription from more than one computer - say, at work and at home?
- Yes. Just use the same username and password on your browser at each location where you wish to use your subscription.
- You can access CricInfo Plus from only one computer at the same time. Multiple concurrent logins from different computers will not work. If you or someone else attempts to login using your username and password when you are logged in, you will automatically be logged out and informed that someone else has attempted to log in using your username and password. If you haven't authorised anyone else to login using your username, please inform us immediately so we can disable your username and password and provide you with a new username and password
- To protect CricInfo from abuse of accounts, if our servers detect that the same subscription is being used from an unreasonable number of discrete locations (IP addresses) we reserve the right to cancel it.
- May I save my username and password so I don't need to enter them each time?
- As long as cookies are enabled on your browser the CricInfo Plus site will automatically
recognize your username without you having to enter it, but will prompt you for your password.
Most Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator browsers do this automatically, so you
probably won't have to worry about cookies unless you've disabled them. If you deleted your cookie file for any reason, just log in again by typing your username and password.
- I notice that your site uses cookie technology. What does this mean?
- CricInfo Plus depends on special files called "cookies" so that our servers can recognize you as a CricInfo Plus subscriber and direct you to exclusive servers. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. If you have disabled cookies on your browser at any time in the past you'll need to enable them in order to access CricInfo Plus on exclusive servers reserved for CricInfo Plus subscribers.
- We will not share cookie data with any third parties.
- I received an error message. What do I do?
- Please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the error message you received and our customer service team will respond to you.
Username, Password and My Account