5th Match: India v West Indies at Kinrara, 20 Sep 2006 [ Scorecard ]
[ India Innings | West Indies Innings ]
West Indies Innings
- 12.2 Patel to Chanderpaul, OUT, first wicket goes! A very soft dismissal, banged in short, Chanderpaul moves into position to pull, ball hurries on him, his head goes one way, eyes the other, and all he can end up doing is cramping himself into a loose shot that spoons up in the air and Sehwag moves in from square leg to take a dolly, Munaf gets a vital breakthrough, Chanderpaul goes, and India must capitalise on this
S Chanderpaul c Sehwag b Patel 21 (33b 3x4 0x6)
West Indies 44/1 RS Morton 19* (41b 1x4)
- 14.6 Patel to Sarwan, OUT, edged and taken! This lands on a sweet spot outside off stump, pitches and kicks a little, Sarwan is taken by the bounce as he looks to cut, the ball cramped him as well and he can only feather an edge through to Dhoni, Munaf strikes again
RR Sarwan c Dhoni b Patel 2 (12b 0x4 0x6)
West Indies 52/2 RS Morton 21* (45b 1x4)
- 15.5 Sreesanth to Morton, OUT, Bit of juggle in the slips and a team-effort to get the wicket. Morton flashes at one outside the off stump, the extra bounce produces the edge and the ball flies to left of Dravid who fails to take it cleanly, the ball bounds off his palms but Dhoni moves quickly to his right to take the catch.
RS Morton c Dhoni b Sreesanth 27 (50b 2x4 0x6)
West Indies 58/3 WW Hinds 0* (0b)
- 18.3 Agarkar to Samuels, OUT, Gets his line and length right this time and is rewarded with a wicket. But Samuels also helped him to an extent with a nothing shot. It was a length-delivery, on the off stump and came in a touch. Samuels stays back at the crease, his bat comes down in an angle and late at that and is caught right in front.
MN Samuels lbw b Agarkar 5 (5b 1x4 0x6)
West Indies 63/4 WW Hinds 0* (11b)
- 21.2 Singh to Gayle, OUT, Another one goes down. It landed on a length, just outside the off stump and comes in with the natural left-armer's angle. Gayle is caught at the crease, waves his bat across the line, doesn't connect and is plumb in front. Another nothing shot.
CH Gayle lbw b Singh 1 (7b 0x4 0x6)
West Indies 70/5 WW Hinds 4* (21b)
- 22.5 Agarkar to Smith, OUT, Inside-edge onto the pads but given out lbw. Fullish delivery, on the off and middle stump line, coming in a touch and Smith pushes at it outside the line and gets an inside edge but not spotted by the umpire.
DR Smith lbw b Agarkar 12 (5b 3x4 0x6)
West Indies 83/6 WW Hinds 5* (25b)
- 27.3 Harbhajan Singh to Bravo, OUT, stumped! After getting nearly out, Bravo tries repeating another adventure down the track and is decieved by a doosra. His back feet is on the line, and instead of dragging his feet back to safety, he tries to turn and get his bat inside the crease and that gives enough time for Dhoni to whip off the bails.
DJ Bravo st Dhoni b Harbhajan Singh 10 (14b 0x4 0x6)
West Indies 96/7 WW Hinds 6* (41b)
- 33.6 Harbhajan Singh to Hinds, OUT, And they were two. Well-flighted delivery, on the middle stump line, Hinds shapes to work it away across the line, gets an leading edge and Harbhajan takes an easy return catch. A long vigil from Hinds comes to an end.
WW Hinds c & b Harbhajan Singh 8 (57b 0x4 0x6)
West Indies 118/8 BC Lara 19* (23b 3x4)
- 39.2 Harbhajan Singh to Baugh, OUT, he's gone! Tossed up outside off, its the arm ball, Baugh is leaden-footed as he has been for most of his innings, stands there and pokes at it, the ball kisses the edge and pops into Dravid's hands, he takes a good catch and West Indies are nine down, we have a cracker here
CS Baugh c Dravid b Harbhajan Singh 6 (12b 1x4 0x6)
West Indies 145/9 BC Lara 39* (43b 6x4)
- 40.6 Sreesanth to Collymore, OUT, all over, thats it! A quick, good length delivery on middle and leg, Collymore is just rooted at the crease and gets hit in line, that one did keep slightly low, looks likely to take leg stump, every Indian goes up in appeal and the umpire slowly raises his finger! Sreesanth gets the final wicket, India have won by 16 runs, they've done their shot at the finals no harm
CD Collymore lbw b Sreesanth 0 (5b 0x4 0x6)
West Indies 146/10 BC Lara 40* (48b 6x4)