3rd Test: India v England at Mumbai, 18 - 22 March 2006 [ Scorecard ]
[ England 1st Innings | India 1st Innings | England 2nd Innings | India 2nd Innings ]
England 1st Innings
- 20.4 Sreesanth to Bell, WICKET, finally the breakthrough! good length delivery, bit wide outside the off stump, had four written all over it but Bell ends up slicing it straight to Harbhajan Singh placed behind point
England 52/1 IR Bell 18 (69b 2x4)
- 75.3 Harbhajan Singh to Strauss, WICKET, gone! slightly short and turning away, Strauss looking to drive off the back-foot is beaten by the extra bounce, faint edge and Dhoni takes it on the second attempt, change of angle works for Harbhajan - England two down.
England 230/2 AJ Strauss 128 (239b 17x4 1x6)
- 80.3 Sreesanth to Pietersen, WICKET, got'm! good length delivery outside the off stump, came in a touch with the angle, probably bit of reverse swing, Pietersen goes hard at it away from his body and the edge goes straight to Dhoni behind the stuimps, that's a crucial breakthrough!
England 242/3 KP Pietersen 39 (63b 5x4 1x6)
- 108.1 Sreesanth to Collingwood, WICKET, Sreesanth strikes again! slightly short, right in the channel and this one shaped away a touch after drifting in and Collingwood tamely nicks it straight to Dhoni behind the stumps, finally a catch is held and that's a crucial breakthrough for India
England 326/4 PD Collingwood 31 (102b 3x4)
- 109.2 Kumble to Flintoff, WICKET, gone! tossed up on the middle and off stump line, Flintoff hits against the break and the ball sails down to deep midwicket, Tendulkar in the deep covers a lot of ground and takes it cleanly, Kumble gets one to his name - England five down
England 328/5 A Flintoff 50 (85b 6x4 3x6)
- 112.1 Sreesanth to Jones, WICKET, another one bites the dust and it's that man Sreesanth again! good length delivery outside the off stump, bit of extra bounce and a hint of away movement, Jones drives away from his body and the edge goes straight to Kumble at gully
England 333/6 GO Jones 1 (7b)
- 118.5 Patel to Udal, WICKET, good length delivery, this one nipped back in sharply, Udal plays down the wrong line and is trapped plumb in front, Umpire Taufel had a good long look and in the end adjudicated in favour of the bowler, Patel finally gets one to his name!
England 356/7 SD Udal 9 (21b 2x4)
- 118.6 Patel to Hoggard, WICKET, make that two! another ripper, perfect line and length, hint of reverse swing and Hoggard is beaten comprehensively, leg stumps goes for a walk and Patel is on a hat-trick here!
England 356/8 MJ Hoggard 0 (1b)
- 127.3 Harbhajan Singh to Shah, WICKET, that's a stunner! flat delivery outside the off stump, turning in, Shah drives on the back-foot and the ball flies off the outside edge, Dravid at first slip dives across to his right and takes it at full stretch, England nine down. That ball was travelling but Dravid took it as clean as a whistle.
England 385/9 OA Shah 88 (164b 13x4 1x6)
- 133.4 Harbhajan Singh to Anderson, WICKET, doosra does the trick, Anderson defends on the front-foot, inside edge onto the pad and the ball pops up straight to Yuvraj at short leg, England end up with 400 on the board.
England 400/10 JM Anderson 15 (39b)