7th ODI: India v England at Indore, April 15, 2006 [ Scorecard ]
[ England Innings | India Innings ]
- 9.3 Sreesanth to Strauss, OUT, got'm! good length delivery, width offered outside the off stump and Strauss flashes hard at it, bit of a loose shot and the edge is produced, Karthik dives across low to his left and takes it inches away from the ground, umpire Koertzen calls in the third umpire to check if the catch was taken cleanly, RED light flashes and that's the end of Strauss!
England 43/1 AJ Strauss 25 (34b 5x4)
- 11.6 Sreesanth to Prior, OUT, Sreesanth strikes again! surprise bouncer, well directed and coming in with the angle, Prior goes for the pull but fails to get on top of the bounce and the ball flies off the top-edge, Pathan at fine leg judges it to perfection and nicely settles under it - England two down
England 47/2 MJ Prior 2 (11b)
- 19.1 Powar to Bell, OUT, turned away behind square on the leg side, Pietersen takes off for a single but Bell stands his ground and in the end sacrifices his wicket to save Pietersen - Yuvraj quickly gets the ball to the bowler and the bails are off in a flash - terrible mix-up
England 109/3 IR Bell 32 (45b 4x4)
- 30.6 Yuvraj Singh to Pietersen, OUT, Yuvraj gets the danger man! on the middle and leg stump line, just an ordinary ball, Pietersen goes for the slog sweep and the ball files away off the top-edge to the deep midwicket region, Uthappa hurtles across in the deep and takes a good catch on the move, crucial breakthrough this!
England 165/4 KP Pietersen 64 (55b 11x4 1x6)
- 45.2 Sreesanth to Jones, OUT, good length delivery, close to the off stumps line, Jones looking to drive on the up ends up with a thick edge, Karthik dives across low to his right at takes it cleanly, was at full stretch and took it inches away from the ground - wonderful effort!
England 257/5 GO Jones 53 (50b 7x4 1x6)
- 46.5 Pathan to Collingwood, OUT, Collingwood departs! good length delivery, pitched close to the off stump line and angling across, Collingwood swings hard and the ball flies down to long-on, on this occasion gets the height but not the distance - RP Singh in the deep moves across and takes it cleanly - England six down!
England 267/6 PD Collingwood 64 (84b 2x4 2x6)
- 47.4 Sreesanth to Blackwell, OUT, well disguised slower delivery, Blackwell fails to pick it up and the lofted drive finds Raina at long-on, wicket number four for Sreesanth!
England 274/7 ID Blackwell 11 (10b 2x4)
- 48.5 Pathan to Ali, OUT, fianlly he makes contact but fails to keep it down and the ball goes straight down the throat of Rao at long-off, Pathan gets one more to his name
England 277/8 Kabir Ali 1 (4b)
- 49.5 Sreesanth to Plunkett, OUT, 5-for! pitched up and angling in, Plunkett swings across and the ball balloons up towards long-on, VR Singh runs in from the deep and takes it cleanly, England nine down.
England 288/9 LE Plunkett 6 (9b)
- 49.6 Sreesanth to Mahmood, OUT, all over! short of a good length delivery, again coming in with the angle, Plunkett sways back and pulls hard, ball clips the edge and steeples down to long-on, this time VR Sigh had to run in hard and he takes it on the move, good catch in the end - Sreesanth ends up with six wickets to his name!
England 288/10 SI Mahmood 9 (4b 1x6)