1st Test: Day 4 - India v Pakistan, 31 March 2004
[ Scorecard ]
© Getty Images
Test 1: [ Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 ]
- The 36-run partnership between Mohammad Sami and Shabbir Ahmed in
the first innings is now the highest 10th wicket partnership for
Pakistan at Multan.
- Irfan Pathan's 4 for 100 in the first innings is now his career
best haul. He bettered his previous best of 2 for 80, which he
took against Australia at Sydney in 2003-04.
- When India asked Pakistan to bat for the second time in
succession, it was the first time they had enforced the follow-on
on Pakistan in Pakistan.
- Yousuf Youhana's unbeaten 107 was his 11th test century. In the
process, he also registered his highest test score against India
- bettering his previous highest of 56, which he scored in the
1998-99 Kolkata test.
- The 70-run partnership between Yousuf Youhana and Shoaib Akhtar
is now the highest 9th wicket partnership for Pakistan against
India. It bettered the previous best partnership of 60-runs,
which Wasim Bari and Iqbal Qasim added in the 1979-80 Bangalore
- The 70-run partnership for the 9th wicket is also now the best
9th wicket partnership for Pakistan at Multan. The previous
highest was the 52-run stand between Inzamam-ul-Haq and Umar Gul.
- Anil Kumble went past Ian Botham's tally of 383 wickets, which
now makes him the 9th in the list of leading wicket takers in
- With his 6 for 71, Anil Kumble now has more 5-wicket hauls than
any other Indian. He surpassed Kapil Dev's record of 23 5-wicket
- Yuvraj Singh, playing in his 2nd Test, claimed his first Test
wicket when he got rid of Yasir Hameed.
Archive: [ ODI 1 | ODI 2 | ODI 3 | ODI 4 | ODI 5 | Test 1 | Test 2 ]