3rd Test: Pakistan v India at Karachi, 29 Jan - 2 Feb 2006
[ Pakistan 1st Innings | India 1st Innings | Pakistan 2nd Innings | India 2nd Innings ]
India 1st Innings
- 3.2 Mohammad Asif to Dravid, OUT: fullish, on the off, coming in with the arm and straightening off the pitch, the ball takes the outside edge as Dravid id squared up and goes straight to Kamran Akmal! That is a HUGE wicket for Pakistan!
India 9/1, Partnership of 9
R Dravid c Kamran Akmal b Mohammad Asif 3 (12b 0x4 0x6)
- 4.3 Shoaib Akhtar to Sehwag, OUT: short one dug in just outside the off, the ball appears to come in with the arm but pitches and straightens, there's a bit of extra bounce as well, edged to the keeper! Another big wicket gone!
India 14/2, Partnership of 5
V Sehwag c Kamran Akmal b Shoaib Akhtar 5 (4b 1x4 0x6)
- 11.6 Mohammad Asif to Laxman, OUT: good-length ball just outside the off, Laxman comes tentatively forward in defense, the ball ball jags back in appreciably after hitting the pitch, beats bat and Laxman is bowled through the gate! Great strike for Asif!
India 56/3, Partnership of 42
VVS Laxman b Mohammad Asif 19 (36b 4x4 0x6)
- 12.4 Abdul Razzaq to Tendulkar, OUT: just short of a driving length, seaming in a touch, Tendulkar looks to work the ball to the leg side, no movement of the feet, off the pads and into the stumps. That is a HUGE wicket as Tendulkar goes!
India 56/4, Partnership of 0
SR Tendulkar b Abdul Razzaq 23 (29b 5x4 0x6)
- 29.3 Abdul Razzaq to Ganguly, OUT: short ball banged in, just a bit of extra bounce, Ganguly goes for the pull, the ball goes straight up in the air and down Mohammad Asif's throat at deep backward square-leg! Important wicket for Razzaq!
India 137/5, Partnership of 81
SC Ganguly c Mohammad Asif b Abdul Razzaq 34 (53b 6x4 0x6)
- 34.5 Mohammad Asif to Yuvraj Singh, OUT: fullish, skidding off the pitch, Yuvraj comes half forward to defend, the ball thuds into pad and then hits bat, three's a loud shout for lbw. Upheld! That pitched in line with leg and was heading for middle. Big blow for the Indians!
India 165/6, Partnership of 28
Yuvraj Singh lbw b Mohammad Asif 45 (74b 8x4 0x6)
- 35.1 Abdul Razzaq to Dhoni, OUT: just short of a length, on the off, a hint of movement away, Dhoni goes for the booming drive and can only manage an outside edge to the keeper! Razzaq does it again for Pakistan!
India 165/7, Partnership of 0
MS Dhoni c Kamran Akmal b Abdul Razzaq 13 (13b 3x4 0x6)
- 42.4 Shoaib Akhtar to Kumble, OUT: short of a good length, on the stumps, this one comes in with the arm, pitches and straightens but most importantly does not rise, Kumble goes back and is trapped in front of the stumps! Shoaib strikes!
India 181/8, Partnership of 16
A Kumble lbw b Shoaib Akhtar 7 (31b 0x4 0x6)
- 53.4 Shahid Afridi to Pathan, OUT: tossed up and outside the off, Pathan plays a big hit trying to go for maximum, the ball goes high rather than far and Mohammad Yousuf settles under the catch! Pakistan break through
India 237/9, Partnership of 56
IK Pathan c Mohammad Yousuf b Shahid Afridi 40 (51b 6x4 1x6)
- 54.1 Mohammad Asif to Khan, OUT: short one banged in, Zaheer tries to fend the ball away but can only glove to the keeper!
India 238/10, Partnership of 1
Z Khan c Kamran Akmal b Mohammad Asif 21 (37b 2x4 0x6)