2nd Test: South Africa v India at Durban, Dec 26 - 30, 2006 [ Scorecard ]
[ South Africa 1st Innings | India 1st Innings ]
[ South Africa 2nd Innings | India 2nd Innings ]
South Africa 1st Innings
- 2.4 Khan to Smith, OUT, Got im! Khan nails Smith. Yet again. Pings in a short one and Smith swivels off his front foot, pulls and gets a top edge. It balloons up over the slips, swirls in the air and Tendulkar, from the first slip, turns and runs towards it. A wonderful catch. Bad shot selection though. The ball was outside the offstump and he was trying to fetch it from there. Arthur's prayer has not worked.
GC Smith c Tendulkar b Khan 5 (12m 13b 0x4 0x6) SR: 38.46
South Africa 8/1 AB de Villiers 1* (4b) Z Khan 1.4-0-2-1
- 6.2 Khan to Amla, OUT, Khan strikes again! Perfect delivery to a right-hand batsman. Lands on a length, on the middle stump and shapes in. Amla falls over a touch as he is surprised by the inward movement and is trapped right in front. Dead plumb. South Africa are tottering here at Durban.
HM Amla lbw b Khan 1 (17m 9b 0x4 0x6) SR: 11.11
South Africa 13/2 AB de Villiers 5* (17b 1x4) Z Khan 3.2-2-2-2
- 12.3 Sreesanth to de Villiers, OUT, change of end works! fuller in length and shaping away late, just a wee bit. de Villiers goes for the drives and the edge goes straight to Tendulkar at first slip. Another South African batsman walks back, courtesy poor shot selection. South African three down and in deep trouble here.
AB de Villiers c Tendulkar b Sreesanth 9 (64m 38b 1x4 0x6) SR: 23.68
South Africa 28/3 HH Gibbs 9* (18b 2x4) S Sreesanth 4.3-1-16-1
- 35.2 Sreesanth to Gibbs, OUT, and there's the wicket!!! Just as this partnership was assuming significant proportions, Gibbs plays a loose shot, plays a flamboyant pull to a wide delivery, and only manages a thick outside edge, Dhoni does the rest by diving to his right and comes up with the ball
HH Gibbs c Dhoni b Sreesanth 63 (143m 88b 13x4 0x6) SR: 71.59
South Africa 122/4 AG Prince 32* (73b 6x4) S Sreesanth 9.2-2-37-2
- 63.6 Sreesanth to Boucher, OUT, Crash! Sreesanth has cleaned up Boucher! What a big blow! It was full in length, landed on the off and middle stump line, and jagged back in. Boucher went for a drive and is beaten by the in-drift. His bat went outside the line of the ball even as the cherry threaded the huge gap between bat and pad. Sreesanth spreads out his arms, ala Donald, and runs along merrily in celebration
MV Boucher b Sreesanth 53 (114m 91b 7x4 0x6) SR: 58.24
South Africa 222/5 AG Prince 76* (156b 11x4) S Sreesanth 16-3-73-3
- 71.3 Singh to Pollock, OUT, and VRV Singh strikes!!! full and wide again, Pollock decides to drive it square this time, that was a copybook square drive, weight nicely transferred onto the frontfoot, head nicely over the ball, and hit off the middle of the bat, but it was hit uppishly and it was travelling at some speed, but unfortunately for Pollock and for South Africa, it was Sehwag at point and he didn't have to move too much to take that catch.
SM Pollock c Sehwag b Singh 11 (35m 23b 2x4 0x6) SR: 47.82
South Africa 256/6 AG Prince 97* (180b 13x4) VRV Singh 12.3-1-60-1
- 72.2 Kumble to Hall, OUT, Googly does him in! Tossed up, lands on a length, outside the offstump and Hall is clueless and plays for the conventional spin. The ball breaks back in to trap him in front. Dead duck! India have come back well in the last session, prising out three wickets.
AJ Hall lbw b Kumble 0 (5m 4b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00
South Africa 257/7 AG Prince 98* (181b 13x4) A Kumble 21.2-1-48-1
- 72.5 Kumble to Nel, OUT, The Googly claims another victim. Quite similar to the Hall dismissal. It landed outside the off stump, full in length, and Nel ends up driving all around it. Again the batsman was playing for the traditional leg break and is beaten by the wrong'un. Kumble is running through the tail here. Will Prince get his ton or will he get stranded?
A Nel b Kumble 0 (2m 3b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00
South Africa 257/8 AG Prince 98* (181b 13x4) A Kumble 21.5-1-48-2
- 82.3 Sreesanth to Prince, OUT, Prince falls! Sreesanth hurls across a full and wide delivery, well outside the offstump, and Prince reaches out for it and edges it to left and above head-high of Laxman at second slip. Good catch. Not a wicket-taking delivery but ....A defiant knock from Prince comes to an end. Sreesanth applauds Prince, taps him on the back as he walks back.
AG Prince c Laxman b Sreesanth 121 (315m 212b 16x4 0x6) SR: 57.07
South Africa 296/9 M Morkel 16* (27b 2x4) S Sreesanth 20.3-4-98-4
- 91.3 Kumble to Ntini, OUT, Topspinner does the trick. Lands on a length, on the middle and off, Ntini presses forward, bat comes down outside the line as the ball slides in and is trapped plumb in front.
M Ntini lbw b Kumble 16 (46m 30b 2x4 0x6) SR: 53.33
South Africa 328/10 M Morkel 31* (52b 3x4) A Kumble 28.3-1-62-3