2nd Test: South Africa v India at Durban, Dec 26 - 30, 2006 [ Scorecard ]
[ South Africa 1st Innings | India 1st Innings ]
[ South Africa 2nd Innings | India 2nd Innings ]
South Africa 2nd Innings
- 28.4 Singh to de Villiers, OUT, VRV Singh gets the breakthrough. Length-delivery, on the offstump line, holds its line and de Villiers, three runs short of his fifty, pushes hard at it, bat away from the body, and nicks it to low and in front of Laxman who takes a neat catch at second slip. de Villiers looks at Laxman who confirms he has taken it cleanly and then walks. But suddenly stops, asks for confirmation from the umpires who refer it upstairs. The verdict is OUT. Big wicket.
AB de Villiers c Laxman b Singh 47 (143m 100b 8x4 0x6) SR: 47.00
South Africa 99/1 GC Smith 42* (75b 7x4) VRV Singh 3.4-0-26-1
- 29.5 Sreesanth to Amla, OUT, He does! Full and on the middle and leg and Amla has a waft across the line - quite a poor shot- and is hit in front of the leg stump line. Hawk eye reveals it would have clipped the outerhalf of the leg stump. Two quick wickets for India. Sreesanth turns around, once he got the decision in his favour, looks at the batsman and does a 'namaste' gesture
HM Amla lbw b Sreesanth 0 (7m 4b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00
South Africa 108/2 GC Smith 51* (78b 9x4) S Sreesanth 12.5-3-42-1
- 31.3 Sreesanth to Smith, OUT, and Smith goes, and Sreesanth gets his revenge. This one was pitched in line with the stumps and swung back into Smith who tries to drive it to mid wicket without moving his feet, there's a big gap between the bat and pad and the ball sneaks through and dismantles all the wood work behind Smith.
GC Smith b Sreesanth 59 (162m 81b 11x4 0x6) SR: 72.83
South Africa 121/3 HH Gibbs 1* (7b) S Sreesanth 13.3-3-51-2
- 31.6 Sreesanth to Prince, OUT, Prince goes for a duck this time. Sreesanth on fire!!! this one was pitched on the stumps and shaped away with the arm, Prince plays away from his body and feels for it outside the off stump, the ball takes the edge and sails at a comfortable height to Ganguly at first slip.
AG Prince c Ganguly b Sreesanth 0 (4m 3b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00
South Africa 121/4 HH Gibbs 1* (7b) S Sreesanth 14-3-51-3
- 36.2 Kumble to Gibbs, OUT, and he strikes second ball! fuller in length and bowled slower through the air, Gibbs is sucked forward into the drive and the ball goes straight to Karthik at short cover. Was there to be hit but Gibbs was done in by the lack of pace there. Well bowled Kumble
HH Gibbs c sub (KD Karthik) b Kumble 9 (40m 24b 1x4 0x6) SR: 37.50
South Africa 140/5 MV Boucher 7* (12b 1x4) A Kumble 0.2-0-0-1
- 37.5 Khan to Boucher, OUT, Another one bites the dust! Zaheer Khan pitches this one just in line with the leg stump, Mark Boucher tries to play across the line, and misses the line of the ball - he's caught plumb in front of the stumps, the only point of contention was if the ball pitched outside leg stump or not, and once Asad Rauf was conviced it didn't, he decided to send Mark Boucher back on his way
MV Boucher lbw b Khan 8 (34m 14b 1x4 0x6) SR: 57.14
South Africa 143/6 SM Pollock 1* (8b) Z Khan 14.5-5-40-1
- 55.5 Sreesanth to Hall, OUT, Sreesanth strikes! Hall falls playing across the line. Full, on the leg and middle stump line, and Hall, like Amla, goes across the line, misses. Hitting the legstump. At first look, it looked as if it was missing legstump but the replays and the hawkeye say the legstump would be pegged back. Umpire Asad Rauf lifts the fatal finger.
AJ Hall lbw b Sreesanth 21 (68m 52b 3x4 0x6) SR: 40.38
South Africa 213/7 SM Pollock 38* (69b 6x4) S Sreesanth 17.5-3-74-4
- 67.4 Sehwag to Morkel, OUT, The declaration has come as Morkel falls slogging. Tossed up by Sehwag and Morkel lofts it straight down the throat of long-off. So India need to chase 354. Interesting declaration. Smith didn't want to things to drift what with bad light curtailing play on most days.
M Morkel c Singh b Sehwag 27 (50m 41b 4x4 0x6) SR: 65.85
South Africa 265/8 SM Pollock 63* (99b 10x4) V Sehwag 2.4-1-7-1