3rd Test: South Africa v India at Durban, Jan 2-6, 2007 [ Scorecard ]
[ India 1st Innings | South Africa 1st Innings ]
[ India 2nd Innings | South Africa 2nd Innings ]
South Africa 1st Innings
- 3.6 Sreesanth to de Villiers, OUT, got'm! fuller in length and this one nipped back in after hitting the deck. de Villiers goes for the drive and is beaten comprehensively, ball clips the inside edge and Karthik holds on well to a fairly easy chance. Sreesanth with the early breakthrough. South Africa one down and in a spot of bother here.
AB de Villiers c Karthik b Sreesanth 1 (19m 13b 0x4 0x6) SR: 7.69
South Africa 14/1 GC Smith 13* (11b 1x4 1x6) S Sreesanth 2-2-0-1
- 50.5 Kumble to Smith, OUT, got'm! Fuller in length, pitched on leg and middle and turning in. Smith looking to drive straight fails to keep it down and Sehwag at short midwicket dives across to his right and pulls off a stunner. Kumble strikes and that's a big wicket.
GC Smith c Sehwag b Kumble 94 (218m 142b 14x4 1x6) SR: 66.19
South Africa 173/2 HM Amla 60* (157b 7x4) A Kumble 16.5-0-52-1
- 53.6 Sreesanth to Amla, OUT, wide delivery outside the off stump. Once again Amla plays a loose shot outside the off stump and this time he pays the price. Hardly any foot movement there and Karthik gleefully accepts the gift. So both the set batsmen are back in the hut, South three down and in spot of bother here.
HM Amla c Karthik b Sreesanth 63 (212m 174b 7x4 0x6) SR: 36.20
South Africa 177/3 JH Kallis 1* (2b) S Sreesanth 13-6-36-2
- 92.1 Tendulkar to Kallis, OUT, Tendulkar strikes! The golden arm! Flighted delivery, outside the offstump, Kallis fetches it from there, swings it across to deep midwicket and Munaf Patel takes a smart catch. Dravid rushes across to Tendulkar and jumps on to him.. Huge huge wicket and now with all the turn and bounce, the lower-middle-order will have to play really well.
JH Kallis c Patel b Tendulkar 54 (162m 128b 8x4 0x6) SR: 42.18
South Africa 260/4 AG Prince 26* (106b 1x4) SR Tendulkar 3.1-1-11-1
- 93.6 Kumble to Prince, OUT, Got him! One wicket leads to another, as often is the case. It was a delivery that Kumble had bowled all afternoon. Landed outside the offstump, turned in but Prince went back, may be he should have gone forward as it was full in length, and jabs at it as the ball keeps a touch low. It takes the inside-edge and crashes into the leg stump. India are hot here!
AG Prince b Kumble 26 (154m 112b 1x4 0x6) SR: 23.21
South Africa 260/5 HH Gibbs 0* (5b) A Kumble 33-5-87-2
- 101.2 Sehwag to Gibbs, OUT, Big wicket before tea. GIven out as a bat and pad catch to short-leg.Unlucky at the first glance. Think it went just off the pad. Sehwag landed it around the offstump, slightly short of a length, turned in, Gibbs went back, tried to work it to the on side, and it bobbed off the thigh pad to Jaffer at short-leg. They go up in appeal and after some delay, given out.
HH Gibbs c Jaffer b Sehwag 7 (31m 24b 1x4 0x6) SR: 29.16
South Africa 281/6 MV Boucher 13* (25b 1x4) V Sehwag 9.2-0-19-1
- 120.1 Khan to Pollock, OUT, Zaheer nails Pollock! Full in length, around the offstump and slanting away, Pollock tries to drive, gets a edge and it nestles into Ganguly's palms at first slip. Just when Pollock and Boucher had the opportunity to put South Africa really in front, he falls. Bad timing as far as SA are concerned.
SM Pollock c Ganguly b Khan 31 (88m 57b 2x4 0x6) SR: 54.38
South Africa 350/7 MV Boucher 40* (84b 5x4) Z Khan 17.1-2-65-1
- 127.3 Patel to Boucher, OUT, Boucher falls flirting outside the offstump. Delivered from close to the sticks, full in length, just outside the offstump, shapes away a touch, Boucher fishes at it , only to nick behind a simple catch. A valiant effort comes to an end. Well played Sir!
MV Boucher c Karthik b Patel 50 (145m 99b 6x4 0x6) SR: 50.50
South Africa 372/8 PL Harris 11* (29b 2x4) MM Patel 19.3-5-42-1
- 128.2 Kumble to Steyn, OUT, Does him in with the quicker one. Typical Kumble dismissal. The tailenders almost end up looking surprised at the pace, wasn't this supposed to be a gentle spinner?! This one landed on the off and middle, and rushed off the track, the bat came down in an angle and the furniture was disturbed. Nine down.
DW Steyn b Kumble 1 (4m 5b 0x4 0x6) SR: 20.00
South Africa 373/9 PL Harris 11* (29b 2x4) A Kumble 42.2-6-117-3
- 128.3 Kumble to Ntini, OUT, Ntini falls first ball! Topspinner on the middle stump line, it went on straight, Ntini jabs at it and the ball hits the pad, just before the bat hit the cherry, and is caught right in front.
M Ntini lbw b Kumble 0 (1m 1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00
South Africa 373/10 PL Harris 11* (29b 2x4) A Kumble 42.3-6-117-4