3rd Test: South Africa v India at Durban, Jan 2-6, 2007 [ Scorecard ]
[ India 1st Innings | South Africa 1st Innings ]
[ India 2nd Innings | South Africa 2nd Innings ]
India 2nd Innings
- 1.6 Steyn to Sehwag, OUT, that's the end of that! fuller length delivery outside the off stump, shaping away. Sehwag flashes at it well away from his body and the thin edge goes straight to the Boucher behind the stumps. Thanks for coming.
V Sehwag c Boucher b Steyn 4 (10m 3b 1x4 0x6) SR: 133.33
India 6/1 W Jaffer 2* (9b) DW Steyn 1-0-5-1
- 2.2 Ntini to Jaffer, OUT, Ntini joins the party! short of a good length and this one swings in and gains some height, Jaffer leans back in an attempt to leaves it through to the keeper but fails miserably, ball clips the gloves and pops up towards the slip cordon. de Villiers at second nicely settles under it. India two down and in big trouble here on this crucial day.
W Jaffer c de Villiers b Ntini 2 (12m 11b 0x4 0x6) SR: 18.18
India 6/2 R Dravid 0* (0b) M Ntini 1.2-0-1-1
- 31.4 Kallis to Ganguly, OUT, and gone! As they say 'Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once' good length and wide outside the off stump, not sure if the ball reverse but Ganguly plays away from his body, once again in an attempt to run the ball down to third man. This time the result is fatal, ball slides off the outer half of the bat and goes straight to Gibbs at gully.
SC Ganguly c Gibbs b Kallis 46 (131m 89b 5x4 0x6) SR: 51.68
India 90/3 R Dravid 36* (88b 5x4) JH Kallis 5.4-0-13-1
- 46.5 Harris to Dravid, OUT, caught and bowled! Tossed up on middle and leg, Dravid gets a step forward and chips it straight back to Harris for the tamest dismissal.
R Dravid c & b Harris 47 (204m 134b 5x4 0x6) SR: 35.07
India 114/4 SR Tendulkar 9* (45b) PL Harris 15.5-5-29-1
- 48.3 Harris to Laxman, 1 run, OUT, RUN OUT! Flat and quicker on leg stump, he rocks back and flicks with the wrists past Amla at forward short leg, they run the first and then there's a very bad call from Laxman going for the second, Tendulkar's very quick to get back to the other end but a very, very slow Laxman is caught on the line as a good throw from the fielder at deep square leg is collected superbly by Boucher.
VVS Laxman run out 1 (9m 4b 0x4 0x6) SR: 25.00
India 115/5 SR Tendulkar 9* (51b) PL Harris 16.3-5-30-1
- 51.3 Pollock to Tendulkar, OUT, he's a goner! After struggling all through his painful innings, after hardly working the ball off the pads, or in the gaps, Tendulkar gets a hard-luck decision! The ball pitches on middle and leg and moves down with the reverse swing, Tendulkar plays all over it going for the flick, misses and gets rapped on the pad, they all go up in appeal and Asad Rauf gives it! In real time it looked good, but replays show it was clearly missing leg stump; a poor call, but to many Indian supporters this will be the age-old tale of Sachin getting out when the chips are down.
SR Tendulkar lbw b Pollock 14 (88m 62b 1x4 0x6) SR: 22.58
India 121/6 KD Karthik 1* (7b) SM Pollock 11.3-4-15-1
- 59.4 Steyn to Kumble, OUT, and raw pace works! short rising delivery, pitched on middle and off and coming in with the angle and the result is the replay of the cartoon 'Rabbit in the headlight'. Too quick a delivery for Kumble, who fends at it on the hop, ball clips the shoulder of the bat and goes straight to Gibbs at gully. India seven down.
A Kumble c Gibbs b Steyn 6 (34m 22b 0x4 0x6) SR: 27.27
India 147/7 KD Karthik 21* (34b 3x4) DW Steyn 4.4-0-18-2
- 63.1 Steyn to Karthik, 1 run, OUT, believe it or not the Indians have managed to pull off another run out! good length delivery outside the off stump and Karthik drives it past the fielder at cover. Zaheer Khan takes off for the second run but Karthik stands his ground. In the end it's a big mix-up. Harris fires in the throw at the striker's end, ball comes in at a nice height and Boucher drags it on to the stumps. Zaheer is well short of his crease.
Z Khan run out 1 (20m 7b 0x4 0x6) SR: 14.28
India 165/8 KD Karthik 38* (48b 6x4) DW Steyn 6.1-0-26-2
- 63.6 Steyn to Sreesanth, OUT, short of a good length delivery, in the channel and shaping away. Perfect line and length to the number ten batsman. Sreesanth had no option but to play at it and the edge goes low towards the slip cordon. Kallis at second slip swoops low to his left and takes it as clean as a whistle. India nine down.
S Sreesanth c Kallis b Steyn 4 (5m 5b 1x4 0x6) SR: 80.00
India 169/9 KD Karthik 38* (48b 6x4) DW Steyn 6.6-0-30-3
- 63.7 Steyn to Patel, OUT, Good length delivery, close to the off stump line. Munaf Patel backs away and drives it straight to Pollock at mid-off. India fold up for 169. Done and dusted in 63.7 overs!
MM Patel c Pollock b Steyn 0 (4m 1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00
India 169/10 KD Karthik 38* (48b 6x4) DW Steyn 7-0-30-4