1st Test: India v Pakistan, 8-12 Mar 2005 - Day 1
Test 1: [ Day 1 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5]
© Getty Images
- This was Pakistan's first full test series in India since
- It was the first time in 18 years that India was
fielding one specialist spinner in the team. The last time they did
this was in the 1987 home series against Pakistan (at Calcutta).
- Taufeeq Umar's score of 44 is his highest test score against India - his previous
highest against India was 24
- Asim Kamal's 91 was his best score against India - his
previous highest was the 73 he made in the Lahore test against
India during the last tour
- L Balaji's 5 for 76 is his best bowling figures in test
cricket. It bettered his previous best of 4 for 63 - against
Pakistan at Rawalpindi in 2003-04.
- Mohammad Sami's 20 is the highest score by a number 9 batsman
- The 8th wicket partnership of 43 runs between Sami and Asim
Kamal is the highest at Mohali. It bettered the previous best of
38 runs between Jimmy Adams and Courtney Walsh.
- Pakistan's total of 312 on Day 1 is the most runs scored on the first day of a Test match at Mohali.
Archive: [ STATS | Test 1 | Test 2 | Test 3 | ODI 1 | ODI 2 | ODI 3 | ODI 4 | ODI 5]