Cricinfo - India v Pakistan 2007-08 - Test 2 - India 1st Innings
Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5
- 2.3 Shoaib Akhtar to Jaffer, FOUR, elegant flick. Full and on the middle and leg, trying to trap him in front but drifting a touch and Jaffer makes full use of it. He just wrists it past square leg
India 8/1 W Jaffer 5* (7b 1x4) Shoaib Akhtar 1.3-0-6-0
- 3.5 Sohail Tanvir to Jaffer, FOUR, Lovely shot off the back foot. It was a touch short in length, angling away from Jaffer who leans back to punch it elegantly through covers. Salman Butt and Kaneria run afer it and then comes the comic drama. Salman dives and tries to push it back to Kaneria. Instead the ball hits his body and goes towards the ropes. Another dive and again he ends up pushing it outside the boundary
India 14/1 W Jaffer 9* (15b 2x4) Sohail Tanvir 1.5-0-8-1
- 5.4 Sohail Tanvir to Dravid, FOUR, lemon cut makes its entry. Unlucky Sohail. It was fuller this time and just outside off stump, Dravid didn't pick the length early and ended up lunging at it; the bat came outside the line and he nicked it past the leg stump
India 19/1 R Dravid 8* (15b 1x4) Sohail Tanvir 2.4-0-12-1
- 7.2 Sohail Tanvir to Jaffer, FOUR, short of length, on the hips and Jaffer flicks it to the square leg boundary
India 26/1 W Jaffer 14* (21b 3x4) Sohail Tanvir 3.2-0-17-1
- 7.6 Sohail Tanvir to Dravid, FOUR, Full in length, outside off stump, angling away, Dravid stretches well forward with an open face of the bat, partly steered, partly edged between gully and backward point.
India 31/1 R Dravid 14* (22b 2x4) Sohail Tanvir 4-0-22-1
- 9.6 Sohail Tanvir to Jaffer, FOUR, caressed down the ground. Easy on the eye. It was full and just outside off stump, Jaffer leans forward to drive with the full face of the bat and just past the umpire. He took care to get his bat a touch outside the line to cover for the angle away and drove it pleasingly straight.
India 38/1 W Jaffer 22* (35b 4x4) Sohail Tanvir 5-0-26-1
- 11.5 Sohail Tanvir to Dravid, FOUR, gift and Dravid rips it open with glee. It was full, on the legs and remember it was bowled from round the stumps and Dravid just bat to ball and it raced through midwicket
India 43/1 R Dravid 18* (33b 3x4) Sohail Tanvir 5.5-0-30-1
- 13.3 Danish Kaneria to Dravid, FOUR, low dipping full toss and Dravid drives through covers
India 50/1 R Dravid 22* (40b 4x4) Danish Kaneria 0.3-0-5-0
- 15.6 Danish Kaneria to Dravid, FOUR, GRV would be proud. A fab late cut. It was floated around that off stump and Dravid rocked back to cut it between backward point and the slip fielder. Ala GR Vishwanath.
India 60/1 R Dravid 28* (49b 5x4) Danish Kaneria 2-0-11-0
- 18.4 Mohammad Sami to Jaffer, FOUR, Imperious on-the-up drive through cover. It was short in length, outside off stump, Jaffer stands up tall as he leans back and punches it through cover point
India 70/1 W Jaffer 34* (53b 5x4) Mohammad Sami 5.4-1-15-0
- 18.5 Mohammad Sami to Jaffer, FOUR, A pull this time. Sami lands it short and Jaffer swivels off the front foot to pull it past square leg
India 74/1 W Jaffer 38* (54b 6x4) Mohammad Sami 5.5-1-19-0
- 22.1 Sohail Tanvir to Jaffer, FOUR, lovely back foot punch shot, picks up the short delivery early, moves back and drive s through covers for a boundary.
India 86/1 W Jaffer 48* (63b 7x4) Sohail Tanvir 6.1-0-34-1
- 22.2 Sohail Tanvir to Jaffer, FOUR, this time he pitches it up, Jaffer upto it, drives wonderfully well down the ground to long on fence, brings up his 50! in style.
India 90/1 W Jaffer 52* (64b 8x4) Sohail Tanvir 6.2-0-38-1
- 22.3 Sohail Tanvir to Jaffer, FOUR, pitches it short once again, rocks on the back foot and punches in front of point to the fence, lovely shot, three in three for Jaffer.
India 94/1 W Jaffer 56* (65b 9x4) Sohail Tanvir 6.3-0-42-1
- 22.5 Sohail Tanvir to Jaffer, FOUR, another lovely shot, good wrist, works it neatly through midwicket, the fielder chases in vain, the ball beats him to the fence.
India 98/1 W Jaffer 60* (67b 10x4) Sohail Tanvir 6.5-0-46-1
- 26.2 Sohail Tanvir to Jaffer, FOUR, wrong line: it was on the legs and Jaffer flicks it away on the up past midwicket
India 104/1 W Jaffer 65* (77b 11x4) Sohail Tanvir 8.2-1-50-1
- 27.1 Mohammad Sami to Dravid, FOUR, starts off with a bang. Short in length and outside off stump, Dravid went back and across to cut it through backward point.
India 108/1 R Dravid 39* (81b 6x4) Mohammad Sami 7.1-1-25-0
- 28.6 Shoaib Akhtar to Jaffer, FOUR, Jaffer is up and running in the post-lunch session with a pull. It was banged in short, it didn't climb as high as Jaffer expected and he rolled his wrists and sent it past square leg
India 112/1 W Jaffer 69* (87b 12x4) Shoaib Akhtar 5-0-13-0
- 29.4 Mohammad Sami to Dravid, FOUR, Dravid takes toll this time. Full and outside off stump, Dravid plays it late and cuts it past point
India 116/1 R Dravid 43* (90b 7x4) Mohammad Sami 8.4-1-29-0
- 38.2 Danish Kaneria to Jaffer, FOUR, bad delivery. Short and spinning well outside off, Jaffer goes back to force it right through Yasir Hameed at short cover
India 129/1 W Jaffer 75* (115b 13x4) Danish Kaneria 10.2-3-28-0
- 38.3 Danish Kaneria to Jaffer, FOUR, flighted delivery, on the middle and leg, Jaffer flicks it against the spin and uppishly but to the right of mid-on fielder
India 133/1 W Jaffer 79* (116b 14x4) Danish Kaneria 10.3-3-32-0
- 42.1 Danish Kaneria to Tendulkar, FOUR, short and it disappears to the cover boundary. It was spinning well outside off stump too and Tendulkar carved it away
India 148/2 SR Tendulkar 8* (6b 1x4) Danish Kaneria 12.1-3-42-1
- 44.4 Danish Kaneria to Jaffer, FOUR, fab straight drive. It was tossed-up, outside off stump and Jaffer drives pleasingly down the ground
India 155/2 W Jaffer 89* (138b 15x4) Danish Kaneria 13.4-3-49-1
- 45.5 Sohail Tanvir to Jaffer, FOUR, moves to 95 with a on-the-up drive through covers. It was a length delivery and he knifed it through the line, in the air but into the gap
India 162/2 W Jaffer 95* (143b 16x4) Sohail Tanvir 12.5-2-59-1
- 45.6 Sohail Tanvir to Jaffer, FOUR, oh ho! another four and he moves to 99. Tanvir got this one to straighten around middle and leg and Jaffer just wafted it away, flicked it away past square leg. Again on the up. He wants to get to his ton quickly.
India 166/2 W Jaffer 99* (144b 17x4) Sohail Tanvir 13-2-63-1
- 47.4 Sohail Tanvir to Tendulkar, FOUR, fires in a yorker and Tendulkar manages to get his bat down in time and wrists it to fine leg. I thought it was going to crash into his boot but Tendulkar got his bat in nick of time
India 171/2 SR Tendulkar 16* (19b 2x4) Sohail Tanvir 13.4-2-67-1
- 48.1 Danish Kaneria to Jaffer, FOUR, 5th Test ton is up! A touch short in length, spinning away and Jaffer rocks back to force it through extra cover. The helmet comes off and the bat is raised to dressing room and to the crowd. Tendulkar offers his congratulations and speaks to him.
India 175/2 W Jaffer 103* (150b 18x4) Danish Kaneria 15.1-3-56-1
- 48.4 Danish Kaneria to Jaffer, FOUR, googly on the middle and Jaffer flicked it with the turn through midwicket. Very well played.
India 179/2 W Jaffer 107* (153b 19x4) Danish Kaneria 15.4-3-60-1
- 48.5 Danish Kaneria to Jaffer, FOUR, gorgeous drive against the turn. This time it was a conventional legbreak, on the middle stump line and Jaffer eased forward to wrist it through midwicket.
India 183/2 W Jaffer 111* (154b 20x4) Danish Kaneria 15.5-3-64-1
- 49.1 Sohail Tanvir to Tendulkar, FOUR, Tendulkar celebrates Jaffer's hundred with a cracking cut through covers. It was short and well outside off and he lashed at the width
India 187/2 SR Tendulkar 20* (22b 3x4) Sohail Tanvir 14.1-2-71-1
- 51.2 Sohail Tanvir to Jaffer, FOUR, on the leg and middle, and is flicked past square leg
India 192/2 W Jaffer 116* (158b 21x4) Sohail Tanvir 15.2-2-75-1
- 51.3 Sohail Tanvir to Jaffer, FOUR, fullish, outside off stump and Jaffer plays a delightful cover drive. He is really on a song here. What a sublime knock this is turning out to be
India 196/2 W Jaffer 120* (159b 22x4) Sohail Tanvir 15.3-2-79-1
- 51.4 Sohail Tanvir to Jaffer, FOUR, short and well outside off stump, Jaffer goes back and across, bends his right knee a touch and cuts it past point.
India 200/2 W Jaffer 124* (160b 23x4) Sohail Tanvir 15.4-2-83-1
- 54.4 Danish Kaneria to Tendulkar, FOUR, wah! a fab inside-out drive to left of mid-off. It was a teasingly flighted, on a length and just outside off stump and Tendulkar took up the invitation; he moved forward to the pitch and drove inside out. With that he has reached 1000 runs against Pakistan
India 206/2 SR Tendulkar 26* (47b 4x4) Danish Kaneria 18.4-3-70-1
- 56.2 Shoaib Akhtar to Tendulkar, FOUR, It was short in length, on the middle stump line and Tendulkar just stroked it on the up, straight down the track. No violence, just pure timing.
India 214/2 SR Tendulkar 33* (55b 5x4) Shoaib Akhtar 6.2-1-17-0
- 56.4 Shoaib Akhtar to Tendulkar, FOUR, 141.6 kmph and it races even faster to deep point boundary. It was short in length and outside off, Tendulkar hopped back, got on top of the bounce - it was almost chest-high- and punched it through point.
India 218/2 SR Tendulkar 37* (57b 6x4) Shoaib Akhtar 6.4-1-21-0
- 59.3 Mohammad Sami to Jaffer, FOUR, nonchalantly pulled away. It was short and just sat up for punishment and Jaffer pulled it through midwicket. There was a deep square leg, well inside the ropes, in place but he could only watch the ball race away far away to his left
India 226/2 W Jaffer 131* (175b 24x4) Mohammad Sami 15.3-1-46-0
- 60.2 Danish Kaneria to Tendulkar, FOUR, short in length, turning away outside off stump and Tendulkar is quick to get on to the back foot and cut it through backward point
India 232/2 SR Tendulkar 42* (65b 7x4) Danish Kaneria 19.2-3-75-1
- 60.6 Danish Kaneria to Tendulkar, FOUR, flighted on the off and middle, Tendulkar plays a pre-determined paddle shot to the fine leg boundary. Kaneria appeals for a lbw but it ran of the face of the bat.
India 238/2 SR Tendulkar 47* (68b 8x4) Danish Kaneria 20-3-81-1
- 63.6 Mohammad Sami to Jaffer, FOUR, Sami is bleeding runs here. Another short delivery and Jaffer pulls it away and puts it away with ease. He seems to have lots of time in playing the short-of-length and short deliveries.
India 248/2 W Jaffer 143* (196b 25x4) Mohammad Sami 18-1-55-0
- 67.3 Sohail Tanvir to Tendulkar, FOUR, on the off and middle and Tendulkar unfurls yet another paddle shot and he gets his placement right too.
India 263/2 SR Tendulkar 55* (78b 9x4) Sohail Tanvir 18.3-2-94-1
- 69.2 Sohail Tanvir to Jaffer, FOUR, floated full, on the middle and Jaffer eases forward to whip it across through wide mid-on. Very easy on the eye. Azharuddin is in the ground and must be enjoying this knock
India 272/2 W Jaffer 156* (211b 26x4) Sohail Tanvir 19.2-2-99-1
- 71.5 Danish Kaneria to Jaffer, FOUR, flighted on the middle and leg and Jaffer goes down on his knee to sweep it over midwicket
India 284/2 W Jaffer 163* (219b 27x4) Danish Kaneria 24.5-3-97-1
- 71.6 Danish Kaneria to Jaffer, FOUR, he is racing towards his double ton. He glided forward to reach the pitch of a flighted deliver on middle and leg and drove it, along the ground, straight past the diving Kaneria
India 288/2 W Jaffer 167* (220b 28x4) Danish Kaneria 25-3-101-1
- 72.2 Yasir Hameed to Tendulkar, FOUR, low full toss, on the off stump line, Tendulkar drives inside-out through extra cover
India 292/2 SR Tendulkar 68* (96b 10x4) Yasir Hameed 1.2-0-7-0
- 72.3 Yasir Hameed to Tendulkar, FOUR, tries to push it through quicker but ends up bowling short and on the leg side, Tendulkar has no problem it pulling it away to the boundary. Pakistan are leaking runs here.
India 296/2 SR Tendulkar 72* (97b 11x4) Yasir Hameed 1.3-0-11-0
- 73.1 Danish Kaneria to Tendulkar, FOUR, More runs. Short and spinning away, Tendulkar rocks back to slap it to point boundary
India 301/2 SR Tendulkar 77* (101b 12x4) Danish Kaneria 25.1-3-105-1
- 73.4 Danish Kaneria to Jaffer, FOUR, More misfield. Sami this time. Poor effort. It was a flighted delivery, outside off and Jaffer drove it straight to Sami at extra cover and it runs straight through him. He puts his hand up in apology
India 306/2 W Jaffer 171* (222b 29x4) Danish Kaneria 25.4-3-110-1
- 75.6 Danish Kaneria to Ganguly, FOUR, quicker one, full and just outside off stump, Ganguly was hurried a touch and also caught at the crease by the fuller length but he adjusted by opening the bat-face and ran it past the slip.
India 317/3 SC Ganguly 4* (3b 1x4) Danish Kaneria 27-3-117-2
- 76.2 Sohail Tanvir to Jaffer, FOUR, gift down the leg side and Jaffer flicks it away to fine-leg boundary
India 321/3 W Jaffer 178* (228b 30x4) Sohail Tanvir 20.2-2-107-1
- 78.3 Sohail Tanvir to Jaffer, FOUR, Jaffer continues to feast. This was full and on the legs and Jaffer rolls his wrists over to play an elegant flick through midwicket
India 329/3 W Jaffer 185* (237b 31x4) Sohail Tanvir 21.3-2-112-1
- 78.4 Sohail Tanvir to Jaffer, FOUR, Another fab on drive. Again Tanvir errs by bowling on the middle and leg and Jaffer stands tall to bisect midwicket and mid-on
India 333/3 W Jaffer 189* (238b 32x4) Sohail Tanvir 21.4-2-116-1
- 81.5 Danish Kaneria to Ganguly, FOUR, flighted outside off stump and Ganguly flashes it away to point but Tanvir lets it run right throug him. It has been poor fielding today by Pakistan
India 341/3 SC Ganguly 11* (18b 2x4) Danish Kaneria 29.5-3-126-2
- 83.1 Shoaib Akhtar to Ganguly, FOUR, Ganguly welcomes Akthar with a fierce cut. It was short and wide and was slapped to cover point boundary
India 349/3 SC Ganguly 15* (20b 3x4) Shoaib Akhtar 8.1-1-27-0
- 85.3 Shoaib Akhtar to Jaffer, FOUR, There is a sweeper cover but he can't do anything but just watch the ball race to his right. Short of length and outside off stump, Jaffer rocks back and across and flashes it through cover point.
India 356/3 W Jaffer 196* (258b 33x4) Shoaib Akhtar 9.3-1-33-0
- 85.5 Shoaib Akhtar to Jaffer, FOUR, 200 is up! It was a short-of-length delivery, outside off stump, Jaffer waited for it, opened the bat-face and partly-steered and partly edged it past gully. He takes off his helmet and raises his bat. Ganguly comes across to congratulate and the players in the dressing room are up on their feet.
India 360/3 W Jaffer 200* (260b 34x4) Shoaib Akhtar 9.5-1-37-0
- 86.5 Mohammad Sami to Ganguly, FOUR, a touch short in length, angling away from Ganguly who went back and just timed it through covers. Pure timing, I thought it was heading for a couple of runs but it kept going.
India 364/3 SC Ganguly 21* (33b 4x4) Mohammad Sami 19.5-1-60-0
- 88.4 Mohammad Sami to Ganguly, FOUR, short and wide and Ganguly slaps it to deep point boundary.
India 373/3 SC Ganguly 27* (37b 5x4) Mohammad Sami 20.4-1-67-0
- 93.5 Sohail Tanvir to Laxman, FOUR, overpitched outside off stump and Laxman flashes it between the bowler and mid-off. He is up and running.
India 381/4 VVS Laxman 4* (11b 1x4) Sohail Tanvir 25.5-4-123-2
- 97.4 Sohail Tanvir to Laxman, FOUR, and again that left foot is thrusted well forward and he drives elegantly, as always, a full length delivery outside off stump through wide mid-off
India 389/4 VVS Laxman 10* (20b 2x4) Sohail Tanvir 27.4-4-128-2
- 98.4 Shoaib Akhtar to Laxman, FOUR, edged through to gully, It was a tad short in length, just outside off stump, Laxman plays it with soft hands and pushes it and it runs off the outer edge
India 396/4 VVS Laxman 14* (25b 3x4) Shoaib Akhtar 13.4-1-48-0
- 98.5 Shoaib Akhtar to Laxman, FOUR, a bouncer on the leg side, Laxman swivels to pull, the bottom-hand comes off but he manages to roll his left wrist over the ball and it flies down to fine-leg boundary. 400 is up for India.
India 400/4 VVS Laxman 18* (26b 4x4) Shoaib Akhtar 13.5-1-52-0
- 99.1 Sohail Tanvir to Ganguly, FOUR, what a fab peice of timing. Full pitched, outside off stump and Ganguly leans across to cream it through covers.
India 404/4 SC Ganguly 40* (67b 6x4) Sohail Tanvir 28.1-4-132-2
- 99.2 Sohail Tanvir to Ganguly, FOUR, drags back the length, keeps it outside off stump but Ganguly is ready and opens the bat-face to steer it to third man boundary
India 408/4 SC Ganguly 44* (68b 7x4) Sohail Tanvir 28.2-4-136-2
- 99.5 Sohail Tanvir to Laxman, FOUR, Laxman showcases his timing. He leans well across, that front foot gliding nicely and he drives through the line and through extra cover
India 413/4 VVS Laxman 22* (29b 5x4) Sohail Tanvir 28.5-4-141-2
- 99.6 Sohail Tanvir to Laxman, FOUR, edged to third man boundary and Tanvir can't believe his luck. It was fuller in length, from round the stumps and this time Laxman is caught at the crease; he lunges forward at the last minute to jab at it and gets a outside edge that takes the ball, along the ground, past gully
India 417/4 VVS Laxman 26* (30b 6x4) Sohail Tanvir 29-4-145-2
- 100.6 Yasir Hameed to Ganguly, FOUR, drifting down the leg side and Ganguly gets to his 30th Test fifty with a tickle to fine leg boundary. He looks up to the heavens and acknowledges his team-mates in the dressing room and of course, the crowd
India 425/4 SC Ganguly 51* (72b 8x4) Yasir Hameed 4-0-24-0
- 101.1 Danish Kaneria to Laxman, FOUR, Lax does what he does. He leans forward, reaches the pitch of a flighted delivery on the middle and leg and whips it through midwicket.
India 429/4 VVS Laxman 32* (34b 7x4) Danish Kaneria 30.1-3-130-2
- 103.4 Danish Kaneria to Ganguly, FOUR, tossed-up full and outside off stump, Ganguly leans across to drill it through extra cover.
India 436/4 SC Ganguly 55* (76b 9x4) Danish Kaneria 31.4-3-136-2
- 110.3 Shoaib Akhtar to Laxman, FOUR, another wonderful piece of timing. It was short in length, o nthe middle and leg line, Laxman pushed back and just wristed it through wide midwicket.
India 454/4 VVS Laxman 45* (63b 8x4) Shoaib Akhtar 14.3-1-57-0
- 112.2 Shoaib Akhtar to Ganguly, FOUR, dropped by Yasir Hameed at gully. It was a screaming bouncer from round the stumps and Ganguly fended it in an ungainly fashion and it pops up to the right of Yasir who dives but can't hold on. It was not travelling fast but it was some distance to his right and he couldn't hold on
India 459/4 SC Ganguly 67* (103b 10x4) Shoaib Akhtar 15.2-1-62-0
- 116.1 Mohammad Sami to Laxman, FOUR, another bouncer that gets a edge but this one flies over the 'keeper's head. It was head-high and Laxman goes for his hook shot
India 474/4 VVS Laxman 54* (81b 9x4) Mohammad Sami 24.1-2-75-0
- 119.6 Danish Kaneria to Laxman, FOUR, short delivery and Laxman jumps at the opportunity and pulls it high over wide midwicket
India 483/4 VVS Laxman 60* (96b 10x4) Danish Kaneria 40-7-145-2
- 120.1 Mohammad Sami to Ganguly, FOUR, It's Ganguly's turn to pull. It was short of length and just outside off and Ganguly swat-pulled it through midwicket
India 487/4 SC Ganguly 77* (124b 11x4) Mohammad Sami 26.1-2-84-0
- 121.4 Danish Kaneria to Ganguly, FOUR, full and on the middle stump line, Ganguly sweeps it fine to the boundary.
India 494/4 SC Ganguly 82* (127b 12x4) Danish Kaneria 40.4-7-150-2
- 122.2 Mohammad Sami to Laxman, FOUR, slipping on to the pads and Laxman says thank you and glances it away to bring up the 500 for India
India 500/4 VVS Laxman 66* (103b 11x4) Mohammad Sami 27.2-2-91-0
- 123.2 Danish Kaneria to Laxman, FOUR, whippy shot through midwicket. It was short in length and turned in from outside leg stump and that length allowed Laxman to go back and wrist it past the diving midwicket fielder
India 505/4 VVS Laxman 71* (106b 12x4) Danish Kaneria 41.2-7-155-2
- 123.4 Danish Kaneria to Laxman, FOUR, spins from outside leg stump, Laxman leans forward, opens the bat-face and it runs off the face of the bat and runs finer then Laxman intended and he will pick up a boundary to third man
India 509/4 VVS Laxman 75* (108b 13x4) Danish Kaneria 41.4-7-159-2
- 124.2 Mohammad Sami to Ganguly, FOUR, caressed through covers and Ganguly moves into nineties. The crowd roar their approval. It was full and outside off, he leaned forward to cream it away
India 517/4 SC Ganguly 91* (136b 13x4) Mohammad Sami 28.2-2-98-0
- 125.4 Salman Butt to Ganguly, FOUR, flighted delivery and Ganguly moves to 97 with a drilled boundary to wide long-off. He took care to get his placement right.
India 524/4 SC Ganguly 97* (141b 14x4) Salman Butt 1.4-0-11-0
- 126.6 Danish Kaneria to Laxman, FOUR, full and on the stumps, Laxman drives inside out through extra cover. Gorgeous stroke.
India 532/4 VVS Laxman 82* (117b 14x4) Danish Kaneria 43-7-168-2
- 135.6 Shoaib Akhtar to Dhoni, FOUR, short and at the body, Dhoni shuffles across and clips it away to fine leg boundary and the crowd are happy.
India 549/5 MS Dhoni 7* (28b 1x4) Shoaib Akhtar 20-2-71-0
- 140.6 Sohail Tanvir to Dhoni, FOUR, takes a step down the track and flashes a full toss on the legs through midwicket.
India 560/5 MS Dhoni 15* (49b 2x4) Sohail Tanvir 35-5-160-2
- 149.4 Danish Kaneria to Laxman, FOUR, outstanding stroke, Laxman jumped down the track and made room by moving towards the leg side, he got to the pitch of the ball and lofted it inside out over extra cover
India 588/5 VVS Laxman 109* (172b 15x4) Danish Kaneria 48.4-7-186-2
- 150.3 Salman Butt to Dhoni, FOUR, charges down the track and murders it to the straight boundary
India 594/5 MS Dhoni 29* (71b 3x4) Salman Butt 5.3-0-21-1
- 151.1 Danish Kaneria to Dhoni, FOUR, unfurls a reverse sweep. It was on the leg stump and turning in, Dhoni sends it to backward point boundary
India 599/5 MS Dhoni 34* (73b 4x4) Danish Kaneria 49.1-7-191-2
- 152.4 Salman Butt to Dhoni, FOUR, rushes down and swings it , one bounce to long-on where Yasir doesn't make a clean stop. He dives to pull the ball from just inside the ropes. Did he brush the ropes when he tried to drag it back in? Yes says third umpire and its a four
India 612/5 MS Dhoni 46* (81b 5x4 1x6) Salman Butt 6.4-0-32-1
- 152.5 Salman Butt to Dhoni, FOUR, Dhoni gets to his fifty with a swing to the cowcorner. And Kumble has declared
India 616/5 MS Dhoni 50* (82b 6x4 1x6) Salman Butt 6.5-0-36-1